View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 01:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First off - thank you guys! You guys are awesome!

Jo - I think the more time I have to focus and heal will be best. You nailed it on the head - that's exactly how I feel...and I think I need to crawl out of my shell so people can see how I am feeling...I am afraid one day I am just going to snap at someone...

Massage helps - I have low back/hip pain as well (from being rear ended) so that at least tackles that decently. I have been trying to work on posture but when you are sore it is hard to start correcting yourself too much as I am sure you know. I gave up on PT - I never found it helped a lot...I could go back in but I think I will just stick with massage for now. Heat helps...I think I need to go buy a nice heating pad - a treat to myself That may help somewhat. I used to love hot baths but I find getting out of the tub to be a challenge somedays

Dabbo - Thank you for yuor support...I have talked to my doc about pain medication and she just doesn't seem to want to go there - like going on 'pain meds' is a bad thing. I can barely function...she is surprised when I tell her Naproxyn doesn't work - I am not sure what she thinks I am dealing with. She is becoming a bit more sympathetic...but not much I do have a script for muscle relaxants - they do help somewhat, even if it is just to sleep.

Victoria - thanx girl! You are truely a greta friend! We know what my doc is like...I just wish she would start to come around a bit more...once she heard about thee surgery I thought she would finally see this is real. I know not many docs have experience with TOS - but it doesn't mean she can't meet me part way.

I had a long talk with my BF last night - he is worried about the mental effects of all this as well. I need to be more vocal about how I am feeling and come to him (or anyone) when I need them. I need to open up...I am learning that...I told him I am frustrated by what I can't do...I have always been stubborn, been proud...it is a curse!

We don't have STD at work...so I will have to go to EI right away...I figure I can go armed with that paperwork to the docs right away. But thank you - I will no doubt have questions as I get going through all of this.

I thank you guys - It is nice to know I am not alone...it's frustrating to go through this when no one (family, friends, coworkers) can understand what you are going through. It has taken till now for people to even know I am going through this and they are starting to realize they need to help. It's time to put the pride aside...

*hugs*
JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote