Thread: Neuropsych Exam
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had my neuropsych test today.. Long and tedious exam but its done now. I struggled with the verbal tests but seemed to do okay with the picture ones. The doctor asked me a lot of personal questions about my life and my social history which I thought was a bit unusual (he is a licensed psychologist). I don't recall that from the previous exams I have done.

At the end of the test he reviewed a little of the results with me (although for an official diagnosis he said he would have to score the tests and send it off to DDS and I would have to request results from them). All he could tell me is that he noticed I struggled quite a bit with verbal memory, short term memory and that I was better with visual memory.

He said he would refer me to vocational rehab since he gathers that I am a motivated and determined individual and I seem to enjoy working (which I do), if I wanted him to. I've never received any sort of help from anyone since surgery so any sort of help would be great. But I dont see how that's going to help me in my day to day life concerning my memory. I take notes and write things down constantly and I'm still a mess.

What do you think this all means? I don't know if I scored well enough to be approved for disability or not. I guess I'll just wait and see..