View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 05:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Welcome to NT Jasmine !

I know there is a limit for how long ago they will open a new claim, but I don't know what that limit is. It was just mentioned recently on this forum, so if you are able to read through a few of the older posts here, you will find it.

The law firm that I used was not a national chain, so I am sorry that I cannot make a referral in that regard.

One thing I did want to point out to you is to be very careful in the application process with what you say that you can and cannot do. For example (and I say this to caution you, not to reprimand you) if you write that you can't use your arms, they might wonder how you type on a computer or wrote out the application. It would be important to note that a friend or relative did that for you. In my case, I have difficulty with raising my arms. Technically, I CAN do it, but it increases my pain. I can type for a few minutes (as I am to writing this) I sometimes use voice recognition software, but I don't have a seperate microphone, so leaning in close to speak in my laptop mike strains my neck and increases my pain. In my case, it would be misleading to say that I can't use my arms.

Mind you, I'm a little paranoid about such things because I am also WC and they LOVE to 'catch' us on things like that

The documentation on a SSDI is critical.....both what you write and what your doctors say. Are you receiving regular care from a MD and does his/her documentation also reflect how debilitated you are ? If you are bedridden and can't get to a doctor, you would obviously be disabled, but wouldn't have the medical documentation to prove it.....a very tough spot to be in and one SSDI would deny a claim for.

I found having a lawyer to be a godsend with the SSDI process. Sometimes my brain is functioning well and other times the brain fog takes over and makes it impossible to concentrate on filling out the paperwork, getting medical records to SSDI, and all of that stuff.

Hang in there ! You have new friends here now who understand how difficult this journey is
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote