View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:06 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default i reopened a case but it was less than a year

hi there, I'm sorry to hear about all your problems i suffer from a bad back 3 bad disks a failed global fusion on L-5 S-1 and have alot of problems with my legs from my low back i may end up in a wheelchair at some point but for now i get by just alot of pain every day! i just had my court date like 3 months ago and the judge opened a case that had been closed in Oct of 06 but i refiled like 6 months later so my back pay went back to Feb of 06 witch was so nice to get the extra money on my lump sum checks i did see that someone put info that said something about there being 4 years max to reopen a case i just dont remember what the conditions were for the 4 years the best thing is when you pick your atty is to tell them that you filed before and if you have the papers make sure you bring them with you also my judge said the main reason he granted my approval was because i had medical records going back 10 years and that i see my Dr. every month and my Dr filed out a paper that you can get from your atty that stated why i could not work and all my limitations i know that is why i won my case so if you have a Dr make sure you tell him or her that you are filing for ssdi and ask if they would fill out that limitations paper and i would ask him/her if they thought you could work or not if they say no then you are on the right road good luck with your case i hope some of this makes sense to you it's all hard to fig out and im no expert just going off my case you know so its just my opinion not fact! you take care ,

walkerslbje
walkerslbje is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote