View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 12:38 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Great post mrsD. I'll try to answer some of your questions concerning myself as they are all valid points and concerns. But first let me say that I don't expect or encourage anyone to blindly follow the info I have posted. These were my personal choices and I was very much aware of what could happen if I were wrong. In that it did work for me all I wish to do is pass it on to others in the hopes that another may benefit. EVERYONE needs to do their own thinking, research and decision making. I am in NO WAY recommending that anyone stop their current treatment and do what I did.

Quote:
As far as you, Aries, are concerned I would wonder what your trigger was. Did you have vaccines before your bulbar symptoms appeared?
-No vaccines at all.

Quote:
Did you have thyroid workups? Males are showing up more and more with thyroid disease, mostly because of autoimmune triggers and also thyroid mimics in the environmental pollution arena.
-Yes I had thyroid workups. No apparent problems.

Quote:
When the thyroid is swollen, swallowing is difficult, and choking common, because the laryngeal nerve can get compressed (this happened to me with my previous goiter, for example).
-I neglected to mention in my earlier posts that I also went to an ENT to see if my problems could be from something else. After all his proddings, pokings, scopings,testings, etc., he found nothing wrong.

Quote:
I wonder if you, Aries, had a drug treatment with a known nerve toxic drug before you experienced your throat problems?
-I didn't/don't take any other drugs at all.

Quote:
I do have some concerns about Iodoral, and manganese.

I also have concerns about manganese.

-Obviously I don't. But there is no disrepect intended. Put all the info out and let each individual decide for themself. There should never be any valid information witheld.

Quote:
I recall one study I read about prison inmates, who the majority it was found had elevated manganese levels. Manganese can damage the brain and give Parkinsonian type symptoms, and also causes anger, rage and aggression. I would therefore be very careful with manganese unless a doctor okays its use.
-I never saw that study. I do work in a prison. Don't see more anger, rage, aggression than what would be expected from men who are kept confined. AND forced to eat prison food. Yuck. What prison was that? And where did the excess manganese come from?

Quote:
I would caution readers here to be careful with manganese and iodine supplements, and do alot of research on them etc.

-I agree. Read, read, read.

Quote:
This is about the best information I have found about Huperzine A:
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supple...INE+A&source=2
I consider this substance really to be a drug...and so therefore I would urge readers here to have some medical advice and supervision while using it.

-Again, it was my choice to do as I did. Fully aware that things may not work as planned. Keep in mind though that if I had to get my doctors OK about anything I wanted to try they wouldn't have let me do anything.

Quote:
And lastly as a moderator here too, I will put up our medical disclaimer as a reminder.

Many of us here have improved our own health by using alternative medical means. But for those with serious, life threatening conditions, those readers should always keep their medical supports on hand and include doctors in their decisions involving herbs, or supplements. Consider drug interactions and interactions with foods as well.

_I agree 100%. Talk to your doctors, then do what you want! Just kidding mrsD!
Please forgive what may seem as short or terse tones in either my questions or responses. I two finger type so I tend to keep things short and to the point. Takes WAY too long to type flowery phrases. No offense EVER, EVER intended.

Last edited by Chemar; 06-08-2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: adding quote tags to distinguish who said what and prevent confusion