View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 05:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks finz for your kind message. You are right, what I meant is I can't lift my arms ( I can put them straight out but not lift), so its hard for me to get dressed, I can't pick up a pot or pan, I can't cover myself with a blanket, things like that.

I am in the situation you mentioned with not good drs documentation. For years I didn't go out of the house except to drs appt, I have to get a ride up to the door and as soon as I get out of the car be in a wheelchair (the hospitals here have people who transport you in a wheelchair to the appt), I can't use a wheelchair by myself because of my arms. Anyway, I don't have insurance and transportation is too difficult so I haven't gone to the drs for awhile (they had no hope for me even when I was going).

I tried to call some lawyers and they said I should get some current drs notes and then call them, they won't take the case without me having current letters, so it is a problem. I am in the same boat as you with the concentration, I have big piles of mail from the last few years I haven't opened, I just can't think straight and am too depressed and anxious even to read a letter or talk on the phone.

Anyway, I looked on the internet and it looks like the time limit to reopen depends on a bunch of things but within 1 year it seems easy to reopen but still doable within 4 years for disability if you show a good reason. In any case I think I need a lawyer to help with this.

I really appreciate your kindness and encouragement, just trying to find a lawyer I am already frustrated and feel so hopeless.
msjasmine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote