View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default three months --teeth don't fit !

Well, I've made the three month mark and have been coping not too badly overall with my new top plate. However, my gums shrunk so much and food was getting caught between the plate and my gum all the time, and I could just about pop them out with a jiggle, they moved when I laugh, etc.etc. Soooo, I go to the denturist (and asked for a "soft" liner) She said no, said I can only have a hard liner and not until 6 months. She then put this horrible pink goop on the plate, had me bite down on it, leave it for a bit and then said, this should do you for awhile. I admit the bite was fine, no more slippage...but boy oh boy, when I looked in the mirror in the truck !! I looked like a boxer ready to slip into the ring for a few rounds. GREAT BIG TEETH now ---barely can slide my gums over them. I phoned her today and I told her I hate that ---would rather have slippage. She said try to peel it off and if I can't (couldn't) to see her on Wednesday. So off I go tomorrow feeling really ticked off. She said there is no alternative but this until the 6 months ! I am wondering too what that goop was ---tasted terrible and turns into a rubber type texture. I don't want crap like that in my mouth. On the same vein, I somehow thought dentures were made of porcelain (as in breakable?) Mine are plastic. Is that "normal" ? I'm really wondering if I'm dealing with the right company/person. Three months is a loooooong time to go with slipping teeth (at least i'll look better than Rocky Balboa). LOL. Perhaps one of those non-zinc "glues" would do? thanks
prairiegrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote