View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi kim,

Your feelings of anxiety over this are totally understandable and it is important for you to feel comfortable with your dentist. However, without question, the tooth is not healthy and it will have to come out sooner or later. The longer you wait, the more likely it is that the infection will spread from the tooth into your sinuses even if the roots of the tooth are not in the sinus. So waiting is not realy a good option since the tooth will have to be removed anyway. Better to do it before the infection makes the situation more complicated. Does that make sense to you?

If you are seeking a more holistic type dentist, then you might want to explore the IAOMT.org website for a dentist in your area. This is a huge organization whose members are made up of holistic minded physicians and dentists.

With regard to the epinephrine in the novocaine... there are other types of novocaine that do not contain epinephrine that can be used. Also something to keep in mind.... when a novocaine injection containing epinephrine is given slowly, the likelihood of getting palpitations (racing heartbeats) is very much diminished because the drug enters the bloodstream very gently and slowly so there is no jolt to the heart like there would be if it were given fast. This is something you can talk to your dentist about and he/she should abide by your concerns.

Kim, I urge you not to wait too long .... you will feel so much better once this tooth is out!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimik View Post
i have a appnt, but i am not sure if i will be going in, since the oral surgeon i saw told me. It is rare but hole in sinus is possible, but has not explained me how close is my molar to the sinus and wat is my likelyhood with this complication. I means i am not feeling comfortable with it still, i think i need more assurance from the doctor. I dont know if i will be able to keep this appointment. and also i dont want him to use the shot with epinephrine, since i am a anxiety patient and that cud make your heart racing and all. i dont know,i am very miserable condition, cannot decide what i should do. Is it a good idea to consult a holistic dentists also. So i can be explained in detail, how this extraction will effect rest of my body. Somebdy please give me some advice, i feel very desperate and lonely. I am also having depression and anxiety problem
which is making all this more difficult.

thanks for any advise anyone has for me
kim
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote