Old 06-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Praying for you Fiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionab View Post
Ended up in ER this afternoon. We have a 2nd story deck and I was walking down the deck steps when the step under me decided to give way. I was about 6 feet off the ground when it happened. Fortunately I was able to grab onto the sides of the steps and found myself hanging in midair. I managed to pull myself back up thru the newly created opening in the deck steps. Hit both of my knees pretty hard, wrenched my lower back and also wrenched my upper back/neck. Fortunately no bones broken, just a hematoma (sp?) on my left knee and bruised up my right knee pretty bad. I'm still scheduled for my cervical SCS trial tomorrow and am going to try to make the appt. After wrenching my upper back/neck, this should be a good time to see if the SCS is going to help me or not. This has not been a good month for me. A few weeks ago my brakes went out (after much investigation turned out to be air bubble in my brakeline) and I literally bounced off my local CVS building. I pulled into the parking space but vehicle wouldn't stop so went up over cement barrier, over walkway and hit building before bouncing back into my parking spot. Fortunately all I got was a good jolt out of that one. Maybe I should just stay in the house for a while Would appreciate your prayers for tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes.
Oh Fiona, how can this be?!? I pray nevertheless your docs take all into account as you show up for your trial tomorrow. As you say, with this it may provide even more of a trial.

Praying,
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-08-2010)