View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Hang in there..

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
So what do you do to occupy your time? I have been so sad and depressed lately. I see a psych and my family is very supportive but my therapist said i need to find some type of craft or hobbie to get my mind off of pain. With having RSD in hands and feet i find it difficult to do anything repetitive or doing anything for any length of time. Difficulty concentrating, distracted and tired. What do you do to fill your time, to feel productive? What simple activities do you do to make you feel good? I use to love exercise, outdoors, reading, fashion. momof4

Momof4...

I hear you loud and clear... we all experience the lost whole in our hearts due to the required change of activity demanded by our RSD..Just this week I had to be terminated from my work of 25 years AND just this morning, 2o minutes ago a dear friend of mine packed up my office and personal belongings...

It is good that you do enjoy the outdoors and reading and such.. I would suggest..change it up...concentrate on those things which you enjoy..it will lighten your heart and when you are ready..volunteer..Only when you are ready but you/we must discover an alternative place to fill the void and make our hearts happy and justified...This way you will see people and taylor the activity for your pain as not to push yourself too hard. I must say the change in my pace is surely a positive but today and lately it has not done my heart too much good but I know in time we must all find our way. Myself since being out of my work I have had more time to spend and take care of my sweet Mom, she is 80 and has demenisha... also manage my disability paperwork, which is a full time job..The important thing is to surround yourself with the loves in your life and fill your days with the simple enjoyable things you enjoy doing..It is an adjustment..and you have us..no simple answers but fill your time with happy things you enjoy as RSD can make us sad and we have to counter act that..

Hugz, Kathy
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (06-10-2010), RNcrps2 (06-09-2010), Rrae (06-09-2010)