View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Stupidity is my #1 default....

I run straight to whatever humor I can find. I have pre-recorded episodes of my favorite commedian's stand-up monologues.......usually it works like medicine.
But realistically, I understand that humor can not be laughed at all the time and that sometimes it just isn't appropriate.
In some cases, I just go curl up in a ball and let the tears go. It's a good release.
There is a healthy balance between the two....

Try to set some small goal to achieve in a day.......even something very simple.....go thru some old clothes you don't wear, packem up to give away.
or.....do something to change the appearance of part of your house, even just simply dusting off a cluttered table (plenty of that in my house ) and putting up a couple of new photos on the wall....
Just little changes, so that you can at least sit back and see that you've accomplished something. Buy a new scented candle and send a card to a friend just to say 'hi'. I enjoy going thru the funny card sections.....one time I got on such a roll, I ended up with about 30 silly cards..... how embarrassing was that while at the check-out counter with 10 people standing in line behind me

And, of course, being on here at NT is probably the greatest medicine of all! Look thru the threads and if you see one that doesn't have very many responses, just send a friendly post to someone. Knowing you've made someone else smile will reflect on you like a mirror and you just can't HELP but feel good about that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's the little things that count the most.

And it's ok for those times when none of the above seem feasable. We're human. Actually, I am going to find out more about 'Biofeedback' and see if that would be something I'd benefit from. Because, I know that a person can not 'hide' behind humor all the time...sometimes we do have to face ourselves head-on.

We're all in this together.
I constantly remind myself of that....
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (06-10-2010), keep smilin (06-09-2010), loretta (06-15-2010), RNcrps2 (06-09-2010)