View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm08 View Post
I had an appt re:SSI portion, I know I won't get it. I don't know if SSI gives retro pay, I do think there was a short period that our income may have qualified us in beginning of my SSD application, so I'm wondering if maybe I will get retro for that short period.

When I first did my application my oldest daughter was a minor, now she 19 and I was told she has to come in and file for her portion of SSI.
I just thought if any backpay from SSI, it would just be sent along with my other kids.

Also, the agent couldn't tell me how much my SSD monthly benefits, he said he wasn't authorized to view.
Just wanted to let you all know how it went. Thanks
Any back pay amount is based only on your income. I know there's a formula for calculating. It's how many earned credits you have earned and I believe, just guessing here, it goes back 5 years. I will try to find out the answer.

SSI is based on the income and assets of both you and your husband. Since backkpay is based on earned income I don't think, again I guessing that SSI gives you retroactive benefits. The following link should answer all your questions. http://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/11000.html Again I will try to find out a definitive answer for you.
Trudi