Thread: my concussion
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

well i went and saw the neurologist, he is a nice guy and stuff but his main concern was the seizure i had. i guess its his major concern to try and make sure i dont have another one.

he said i cant drive for 6 months, which i wouldve just shrugged off, except i let my mom come with me to the appt, and thats who i live with so that makes things kind of difficult.

the thing is nobody else, including the neurologist that treated me at the hospital ever mentioned anything about that. and my primary care physician didnt even want to send me to a neurologist, i basically had to ask him multiple times and he finally said ok.

so anyways im not too happy. i had the EEG test today which measures brain waves and is supposed to be able to tell if your at risk for more seizures, the stupid thing is they have to send it off to have somebody interpret the results. and they dont even want to follow up with me for another four months, they basically told me no matter what the test results say there's nothing they can do anyways, they dont even want to have an appt to talk about what the test said.

so i dont really get it, the doctors main concern is the seizures, yet either way there is nothing he can do about trying to prevent me from having another seizure.

i dont see why even waste the time in having the EEG if it doesnt do anything. i asked them when i get reevaluated will i take another one, they said no.
adamphillips is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote