View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 07:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Feeling very sore

Was able to go ahead and get the cervical SCS trial today. I told them about the accident and it really didn't affect the trial other than me having to take it slow getting up onto the table and being able to lay face down. My right knee, which seemed to have taken the least amount of damage, is actually causing me the most pain. I think the fact that the squad guys got my left leg into a splint and iced my left knee right away helped a lot. By the time I got to the ER the hematoma had almost gone away. I think I pulled a muscle in my right knee area so I'm wearing an ace bandage which is helping.

The cervical trial didn't go as well as the lumbar one did. The lumbar only took 30 mins. but it took an hour for the cervical. I'm pretty dang sore right now where the cervical trial leads come out so I've turned off the remote for a while until my meds. kick in and the site soreness goes down. Is too hard to tell right now if the stimulation is helping as my site is very sore. I believe they started out at the top of the thoracic area and by the time we were done my leads are at C2 level. The first time they turned on the stimulation while I was on the table I felt it more in my legs and feet than anywhere else. At first doc was happy 'cuz he thought that meant he could possibly get away with only using one power generator. But as it went on and we tried to get the relief in the upper back/neck he soon realized that it wouldn't be the case. As he moved the leads, I lost the stimulation feeling in my legs/feet and he focused more on getting it into the upper shoulders/neck/arms. I ran into problems with some scar tissue as I've had two fusions (C5-6,C6-7). Also my shoulder blade muscles decided to spasm and one of the nurses had to hold my shoulders down while doc was moving the leads up. He asked me if I'd ever seen a neurologist about my shoulder spasms and I told him that he was the first dr. to ever see it actually happening. In the past I've tried to describe the muscle spasms to a doctor but they just looked at me as if I was crazy So I never pursued it further. So we'll see how this trial goes. I'm to go back in Fri. to see the rep. to see how the programming is going and to tweek things. I'll ask doc when I see him again what he thinks about the shoulder spasms...he did say at the time they were happening that he must have been hitting some nerve that wasn't happy about the procedure. Thanks for your thoughts/prayers. Gonna go lay down and try to get the site soreness to calm down.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-09-2010), Rrae (06-09-2010)