View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 09:09 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

I also had non-stop, everyday HA's and/or head pains for over 19 months post-injury. It's crazy, I know, when you try to communicate this to a physician who, you learn after-the-fact, is in no way at all whatsoever
"On Your Team" trying to genuinely help, support & guide you through this maze. (They just simply 'don't know'.) It is, I know, exasperating beyond belief.

My PCS symptoms, such as HA, head pain, dizziness, vertigo, nausea,
lack of stability in my balance/walking/navigating stairs, etc., do increase under over-exertion either physically or mentally, e.g too long engaged in "over-extended, over-taxed, over-time use of my brain" in higher-level functioning. I might be able to do this by now for a couple of days, yet then, I'll have to allow shut-down of my brain, to recover, recouperate, by perhaps sleeping for 12 hours and/ or taking genuine "time out" for a couple days from any outward-directed focus/utilization of higher-level cognitive functioning. (By now I've hard-learned that I simply must/have to allow myself total, unquestionable permission to "Rest, Rest, Rest" when I know that I need to do so.

Thinking of you, bootsin, and truly holding the faith for you that you will sooner than later be relieved of the incesssant HAs.

There is a lot of genuine, first-hand experienced/knowledgeable, intelligent sources, i.e. forum persons here with highly-valuable info, medical/scientific, & journals info to share and super-heartful, genuinely caring supportive persons here. Please do keep us posted. So many are truly here "for" you.

Sincerely,
Theta Z

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote