View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi RN

The volenteer work is a good thing. I volenteer at a vet's home and have a blast with them. I go out and do some exercise with them, most are in wheelchairs but we do a half hour each morning. Then we do coffee and donuts, then we work puzzles, play cards, whatever. Some of the nursing homes aren't this active though but they all need volenteers, also they have volenteers at hospitals, musems, and many other places.

I have gotten into facebook also, I have found so many friends and relatives on there and we reminense about the good ole days. You might enjoy doing that,

My Grandkids keep me busy. I'm involved in their school and activities they do. They insist I go to everything. If you have grandkids, or kids you might get more involved with them.

Reading is a good thing too. I am not a very good reader though, the book has to really keep my interest.

I have been watching older tv shows and movies on youtube also. That is fun. I can't afford to rent movies so I just pull them up on my computer and watch them.

Take some walks too, go to a gym and just do what you can, the public swimming pool in the heat of the day.

The ideals are out there, everyone has some to give you. I overdid it this week and had to leave the nursing home Tuesday in pain. At least with volenteering you can walk out without getting fired.

Just remember we have to sat a pace. I can't do it yet and pay for what I do.

I am glad you are on here too, we can occupy your mind sometimes but I do realize there are other things a person would like to do.

Feel better soon.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (06-10-2010), RNcrps2 (06-11-2010), Rrae (06-10-2010)