View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I'M SO HAPPY SOMEBODY REMEMBERS SELECTRIC TYPEWRITERS.

The funny thing is I am a fast typist (that's why I go on the message boards and my husband uses two fingers to do ANYTHING).

I never got timed while using an electric typewriter (the ones before the selectric). Then when I got the selectric, boy did I whiz through reports.

THEN, my company sent me to IBM computer school (this was about 19 years ago) when my company fot the first desk top computer with the dot matrix printer.

You should have seen what happened when someone saw me type on this keyboard. I never thought I could go faster on anything than a selectric but this first keyboard really made me fly.

One day I was typing some big report and I must have been typing really fast when my boss came out of the office, looked at me and said "what the heck are you, some kind of superman??" and we laughed.

Then all was quiet. And I continued typing and all of a sudden, there was a hush and a whole burst of applause and I turned around and there were the other staff members applauding me. I never laughed so hard in my life.

Then I entered a typing contest in Kings Plaza Mall and I won. They clocked me (on a selectric by the way), they didn't have a computer for this typing contest. I was clocked at 145 words a minute. That also got me carpal tunnel syndrome by the way.

I won $50.00 and they kept calling my office asking me if I wanted this job or that job. My boss got so annoyed the next time the phone rang he grabbed it and said "she doesn't want your job".

Jeez, I remember those days.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote