View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Many Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Wow! that is just about the worst thing I have heard so far on these boards.

But there are people on the net who have had long term, difficult withdrawal from this drug. There are YouTubes about it even.
Some have lasted 6mos or longer.

Don't feel personally at fault. These new drugs, the "designer drugs" pushed by drug companies on doctors and unsuspecting patients, alter the neurotransmitters in the brain. When removed, there are sometimes severe consequences. Often these are more severe the longer you have taken it, and at higher long term doses.

You were smart to go to the ER. Best to get checked out and have some medical evaluation so you don't have another medical emergency that is unexpected.

If you need a little ironic laugh, even if it is a strange "laugh" watch this YouTube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1OE...eature=related
For some reason it remains apt regarding this drug. (I think the dog is responding to the clarinet in the music...but that is not the total impact the video has !! ) That music is somehow representative of what happens to people on Cymbalta IMO!

I hope you are feeling better now. Once you are weaned off, consider some l-tryptophan daily to help you realign your neurotransmitter, serotonin. The norepi...that is separate, and may respond to another thing, which you may not need. Let some time pass and if you need the other, PM me.
500mg of l-tryptophan at night to start, up to a gram a day. That may really help. Some doctors use it to get off SSRIs.

Mrs. D: Thank you for your words of encouragement. You always take time to reply and share your words of wisdom. God Bless you for that. As far as feeling better, I am. Finally got over the worst of the headache today and life appears to be "good" once again. All I can say about that day is "that wasn't me, and the sooner it leaves my memory, the better!! Once I get home this weekend I will go to the health food store and get the l-tryptophan. Just out of curiosity, it seems that I remember something about that being pulled off the market several years ago, or some big hullabaloo about it. I know people were using it for sleep but just can't recall all of the info on it. Anyhow, off to Cleveland Clinic on Monday and then leave for California on Tuesday for a week and a much needed vacation. Will post how the trip to CC pans out. Have a good weekend everyone!! And the YouTube video is priceless. Gave me my laugh for the day!!

Last edited by kpRN; 06-11-2010 at 10:27 AM. Reason: forgot to say something else.
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote