View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Vitamins & Supplements

Rob,

I appreciate you sharing your story. It is good to hear these positive experiences from diet change and taking supplements.

Mrs. D,

I want to thank you for all the good information you share. It is all very inspirational and gives me much hope. I do wish my neuro shared your views. My neuro won't even discuss this kind of thing with me, tells me it doesn't matter what I eat, and then reinforces how important it is to keep taking the Mestinon regularly.

I am wondering if anyone has found or put together a list of specific diet changes and supplements that have been found helpful for MG. I have been making one change at a time and keeping records to see how I feel and identifying foods/vitamins that do help my MG (and also foods that make it worse). I have a list of things that help me.

I am considering adding flaxseed (for the Omega 3s) to my diet next, starting with supplement pills so I can take it regularly to see how it effects me. From all that I have read, this seems to be something that is missing from my diet and should help with MG.

I want to add that I have been taking Magnesium supplements (100 mg daily) and have reached a maximum benefit from them. I have been able to work three days a week instead of two and I have less MG symptoms. I have had more benefits from magnesium that from any other supplement or diet change I have made since I got MG.

For those of you taking supplements, what helps you the most?