View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamagoo View Post
well, had the c spine mri this afternoon. Saw PCP after, she went over the results of labs done in Omaha and discovered the "red blood cell" every type of test related to them to be sky high... so since I had to quit donating blood to the red cross "just until this with your leg is taken care of".. I gave a pint of blood to the trash today. I suggested they see if the lab tech dept at U of NE at Kearney might want it to have students run tests on. Since one of the tests that have been ran is for HIV and it was negative the blood would be clean. They could have fun testing it for all the different drugs in my system LOL
Had a meeting of the mind and played a bit of lets make a deal w/PCP... she agreed that dumb to wait another month and then have Dr Torres ship me on to Mayo that would be better to get it done now. Told her that if this is going to be permanent then want to look into having nerve root injected with botox to kill it off so I can learn to walk with the muscle I can control in my leg. Her reply to that was i would have to talk to someone "higher" than her to get something like that done. She is going to burn a cd with my mri films and send them off to Omaha to movement disorder doc so he can have someone else look to see what is there. I went armed with information from here an "we move" site. including a chart that shows where in spine nerve root for what is going on with my leg came from. Told her you can see it is something that has happened between L3 and L5. She did cut back the drug that I was put on to counteract the side effect of one of the other drugs to PRN. So one less pill to take in the mornings. Unless I wake up with balloons for feet.
They will let me know after get blood results back on red counts today when I go back for another donation of pint of blood to the trash.
Please let me know if they find anything out that is the cause. Food for thought, in my state if a student or someone training is involved in your treatment you can not file suit.... it is classified as schooling. I am looking into two sites Laser spine institute located in Tampa Fl and also got information about a Dr. Mroz at Cleveland Clinic that was trained at UCLA spine institute on invasive spine surgery. One thing I have been told that kind of makes sense is that the jerking is my body responding to the pain. So looking for a way to get rid of the pain to see if the jerking stops. My wife still thinks that part of a needle or damage from the needle is causing it so she is not for surgery. I hope if they do surgery they will look around in there and if part of a needle is in there they can see it. I do know one thing this is not in my head and I am tired of living life from pain pill to pain pill!
You can contact me direct at rms-it at fuse(dot) net
Best of luck and if they identify my issue or something related to it I will let you know... God Bless
Jerky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote