View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fell in the shower this morning!

Yep; I guess I slipped somehow although we have grab bars and a textered shower floor but somehow I fell and hurt my wrist.

It was turned sideways, dented and hurting a little but I still managed to finish my shower and dry off with my left hand.

I called DH and told him I may have sprained my wrist and could he please take me to the hospital?

Meanwhile; I dried my hair, brushed my teeth and put deodorant under the right underarm anyhow and managed to dress myself.

When DH got home and looked at my wrist and I thought he was going to faint because it was twisted, dented in the middle, swollen and a really pretty blue.

We went to ER, got x-rays and found I had broken two bones in my wrist and a bone in my forearm! Yikes!! I have an appointment with a surgeon on Thursday afternoon and I have a soft cast on now which goes to the elbow.

Being right handed this is a bit of a challenge and now that I know it is broken it really hurts even though I have some pretty strong meds.

I have osteoporosis so I am just so thankful I didn't break a hip.

Like anything else; I look on the bright side 'cause it could have been so much worse.

Not easy typing with one hand either.

Brain damaged and I have MRI's to prove it!!
AZjanie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (06-12-2010), gonnamakeit (06-12-2010), jeep4wd (06-19-2010), Jodylee (06-13-2010), jprinz99 (06-13-2010), Lady (06-12-2010), NurseNancy (06-14-2010), SandyC (06-12-2010), Twinkletoes (06-13-2010), TwoKidsTwoCats (06-12-2010)