View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 10:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default So after all these years, Dr is taking me off all meds?

Sure, I've had several instances of denial.... "no, I don't have Parkinson's"... well, maybe I do. I certainly seem to have most of the symptoms. I've gone thru several doctors and several years of meds. I've had all the experts tell me that I absolutely have PD, take the meds and one told me to go buy a cane! The guy with the cane remark was lucky I didn't follow his advice and come back and beat him with it.... so much for bedside manner. I am taking Carbidopa/levodopa 25/100 (1.5 every 4 hours round the clock) and Comtan 200 (1 every 4 hours round the clock). Just the other day, I went to the dr and suddenly there was a big concern over the amount of meds I am taking. hmmmm???? Confused me since it was the dr who prescribed it, I didn't determine the dosage, he did. Now there's a big deal about taking me completely off all meds to see how I look and act. Scary! So, I walk out the door with a big schedule in hand of how I am to reduce the meds down to 0 in the next 6 weeks.
Anyone else have this experience? Anyone else discover that they didn't have PD after several years? I've got to say that I work a full time job and the idea of going off the meds while trying to maintain my life is really, really scary. Any thoughts?
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote