View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi again. I take Topamax (200 mg am & 100 mg pm) for migraines and cp's & sp's. I rarely have cp's at all anymore unless in certain environments (concerts, loud noises (generally certain types of music etc.) or flashing or bright lights. Also, fast motions- movies and such). Sp's have been more frequent the last few months with my new job (stress), long hours and lack of sleep.
My neuro (havent seen an epi since my surgery back in 02) wants to add 500 mg. of Keppra to my daily dose of Topamax to get rid of the sp's. I've been seeing flashing lights and squiggly lines and getting my deja vu feeling back and just feeling woozy in general. Not a feeling I want to have since I've been doing so good.
I've been reading up on Keppra and am a little concerned about some of the side effects, particularly the fatigue (I'm already tired and work 8-12hours a day). Headaches (I'm trying to prevent daily migraines with the topamax), and mood swings (moody enough as a side effect of surgery).
And to hear that some people actually have an increase in seizures with this med is a little disconcerting... hhmmmmm...