View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 06:03 PM  
Grand Magnate
Burntmarshmallow's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: east coast florida
Posts: 3,456

Many have asked "well what kind of Doctor do I need to see???
so thought it good info to post .
For most of us who have PNS /Stimulator it has been our pain management Doctors that do this type of surgery for a.d. and face pain . I have medtroncs device ..To help others in the past I have called that company and they gave me a link of Doctors that do medtronics stimulators in each area of that certain state . From there I have to call each Doctor or pain clinic then one would have to get apt for consult and such on their end .
I am guessing that I could do that with each company biotronics, ANS by St Jude, Boston scientific etc . Others have gotten the recommendation and this option by their Neuro . For most of the ones I have had contact with it has been the Pain management Doc . You just need to find a pain management specialist or Doc that deals with stimulator / S.C.S each doctor usually has their own company they use Medtronics Ans. Boston scientific ..etc

You Need to Remember this type of implant PNS/ Neuro Stim... DOSE NOT MAKE YOU PAIN FREE!!!!
It just helps you control the horrible bad heavy pain. It knocks it down to a lower level one you can better handle and live a more productive less pain kind of day.
WE still have our pain!! And still have bad days . This stimulator just mixes the signal and kinda turns part of it to static before it races back to the brain to feed the pain monster.
Hope this helps


Last edited by Burntmarshmallow; 06-12-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Burntmarshmallow is offline   Reply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-12-2010), Rrae (06-12-2010)