Thread: denial of rsd
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2007, 08:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I thought at the start that I couldn't possibly have it. Denial, I was the Queen for awhile. I think all of us went through it at some point. Who wants to believe that they have something so painful that there's no cure for?? Not me!! But I got it so, I live with it.

The reason I denied it to myself was because I didn't feel any kind of burning. I had cold leg/foot, color changes, massive swelling and pain but that's it. As if that's not enough! Cruising the net and reading though the one thing that's always mentioned is the burning. Soooo, figuring if I didn't burn, then this wasn't me. Oh boy, took I think 4 to 5 months then one day.....I felt the burn. OMG!!! So wish it would go away and I never feel it again.

Another reason was that some days I'd feel so good, pain so low and I'd think, see I'm fine. *looking down at my purple legs and feet* Yeah, the next day I'm miserable and thinking how could I doubt it??!! It's normal to feel denial, anger, grief, etc. Just like mourning a loved one.

Hugs,
Karen

*HUGS* gbsb. Sorry the doc made you hurt like that and I hope the tingle stops!

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote