Old 06-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen29 View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been suffering from severe insomnia for the last maybe 16 weeks now. It could be going on longer now, I don't really know. I know it's been since at least March. I get about 2 hours of sleep a night, and that is on a good night. I had a sleep test and was told I have moderate sleep apneea. I use the machine, but i have found it doesn't make a differece. I know it takes a while to get used to, and it's only been 3 weeks.

I am on for psych meds, Nardil, which was changed somewhat on Friday to see if that could be the problem, Neurontin, Requip for Restless leg syndrom,, Depakote and valium when needed.
See I told you I take a lot of medications. I don't know if you know this but Nardil is a MAOI and so I am very litmited to what I can and can't take while on that. I have been on pretty much every SSRI out there so they decided to try this.
\
Thanks for listening,
Jen
Jen sorry to hear about the sleeplessness. This is a frustrating problem. Do you think you can time it to a med change, dose, or new combination.
When I started the Lexapro I started at 10 mg and had terrible insomnia. Then I read others that had the issue, and a side effect noted about it.

I reduced the dose to half and every other day the first few days to get the long half life reduced in my system. Sometimes just treating a new symtom with new meds is not the answer but compounds the symptoms.

Have you been on the neurontin very long, did they add a new med along the way?

Just a thought, but I know that often many meds are used, especially with the back injury, etc, but I have a distrust for doctors that readily perscribe a med, often from a pitch from the pharma comp rep, especially for off the gen use....

Why the neurontin? nerve pain?
I am sorry for all this insomnia, chronic pain, and sleep issues. I hope that soon there is someone that can get to the bottom of things,
Sometimes we all need a Dr. House in our life.

Di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-13-2010), Dmom3005 (06-14-2010), Jen29 (06-13-2010), Mari (06-13-2010)