View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 07:50 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I know there are copyright issues

...when I first suggested compiling some of these posts as a project and which gradually morphed into the current efforts as some of you took it to heart, it was things like these experiences that I had in mind.

One of the complications was the problem of publishing postings from the forum without the permission of the author. Since so many of the authors were no longer available, that turned into a roadblock. However, I think it would be invaluable to have some of these gathered in one thread to print out for our individual doctors when then are contemplating something like this. And since we quote each other in our replies all the time, I don't think that there are any legal questions for NT or any of us so long as no publication is involved.

I am thinking about a few stickies added in a sort of FAQ arrangement such as:

"My doctor is suggesting a major change in my medications - what has been the patient's experience?"

"I am going into the hospital for unrelated reasons - what should my doctor and the nursing staff know about PD?"

"A recent change seems to have made a major difference in my symptoms- "

That's still not quite right, but the idea is that any of us could go into the thread and print out the posts relevant to our situation. A good doc would be glad to have the info and a bad doc would be put on notice, at least.

Any thoughts?
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
rose of his heart (06-14-2010)