View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D.

Thanks for the quick response. Two things that you mentioned might definitely be affecting me.

My son is the first one.

His birthday was on Friday. I had sent him a birthday present (a small amount of money) Alan was livid with me, stating "you don't send money to a gambler". I realize this, but it's VERY hard (even if we don't have a relationship), to act like he does not exist, even if HE acts like WE don't exist.

So of course, this has been on my mind for some time. I call it the "Frank problem" He has emailed me recently going on and on about his lot in life, about how "life sucks", blah blah. I don't view life as he does. I see the glass as half full and he sees the opposite. You and I have discussed this before and you said that some people are toxic to other people.

I believe this to be the case. So my body is under stress, and everything goes out of whack when my son either calls or emails me.

I must find a solution to this, and once I do find that solution, I have to find a way to overcome the guilt of not letting him intrude into my life (especially because of his behavioral issues).

Now the second thing that you mentioned is Melatonin. Every night (for who knows how long), I take 2 melatonin pills (equally 6 mgs), and one alprazolam.

I get nice and drowsy, I fall to sleep (unless it's the day that Frank emails me), (like yesterday), and my body started to spasm. I had to put a hot wrap under my body, and in 3 minutes it all stopped and I went to bed.

This is REALLY doing me in.

Now back to the Melatonin. I googled Melatonin and rising blood sugars but honestly, I can't find an exact statement "Taking melatonin raises blood sugars in people with Type 2"

I found that Melatonin raises blood sugar in people with Type 1, but couldn't really find that much about people with type 2.

But tonight I shall make this test.

I will take the alprazolam and not the melatonin. Might take a few nights, but I want to see what happens.

I don't know if I should skip the insulin at the same time I'm doing this experiment (take no Lantus, skip lunch, etc).

Maybe I should see what happens when I don't take melatonin for a few nights, but I do take my alprazolam.

I don't expect miracles, and I know this is mainly a stress problem, but I've worked too hard to have my body go all whacky on me, because I have a son who is 29 and has done nothing with his life (I don't care what the reason).

I have to take care of ME!!!

So let's see what happens. I'm gonna write to him and gently explain "do not contact me for one week, I'm having blood sugar problems that are related to stress".

So I'm giving myself a week off from him. No melatonin.

I'll update you with my blood sugar readings and we'll go from there.

Oh, one more question.

Is there really a BIG difference between taking 14 units of Lantus and taking NONE of Lantus?

Thanks much (very)

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-21-2010)