Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Dear Jen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen29 View Post
so would rather get no sleep than any at all.

I'm thinking about the Nardil because its side effects are listed as insomnia. I know that the Nardil did not cause the insomnia, but it might be contributing to the problem. The Emsam patch (also an MAOi) has fewer side effects than the the oral medication, but it costs quite a bit on some insurance plans.

I'm also thinking that you might benefit from a bipolar or an a-typical anti-pschiotic med in addition to the Depakote all ready on board. If so, an atypical anti-psychotic like Seroquel or whatever you and your pdoc talk, about could help.

I hesitant to ask this because I don't like to make changes to my plans, but are there any of your meds that you could lower or go off in the future?

When your physical state gets better, it will be easier to see what is what. I think often conditions kind of blend in together for treatment and the docs have difficulties.
For people who have only one condition, the docs seem to be able to prescribe fine most of the time. For more than one condition, they have a harder time.

I wear a sleep mask for apnea too and I don't feel any better when I wear it. I do wear it because the docs said I needed it -- so I cooperate.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (06-13-2010), Dmom3005 (06-14-2010)