Thread: Tight first rib
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 12:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tight first rib

Hi, I posted on here before and was told to get an evaluation for TOS. I have RSI of my wrist/hand. Then was diagnosed with tennis elbow during physical therapy - and now have ulnar neuritis.

I was referred to a head and neck physical therapist. She said my first rib on my right side was tight. She had me do some stretches and moist heat for 2 weeks daily. I returned to her and she said my right side was no longer tight - but my left side was. She was very puzzled on how it moved. I do moist heat on both sides since its easier. She told me to keep doing it. Is it common for the tightness to move around? She didnt seem to understand why it moved.. so I am asking if anyone knows why did it move? This woman seems to know what shes talking about and doing - so far the most compentent person I have seen for therapy. Would a good massage help any of this? Oh.. and when she is telling me how tight the rib is... she acts as if I should feel it... but I dont. I have quite a high pain tolerance - but to me it just feels like shes pushing on me. Should I feel the tightness?

So... I still wake up with tightness in my upper back and neck. This always then seems to turn into a raging headache/migraine if I get moving. Most mornings I lie there to sort of relax it off or even sleep it off. I am doing the moist heat, stretches and some huge roller tube (I lay on it and roll left to right. It hits the sore spots in my back for sure). Tennis balls against the wall. I guess this is all pressure point stuff.

Just thought I would ask since I cant seem to find info about this and thought maybe someone here would have experienced this or know something.

Thanks
luna11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote