View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi simi,

A tooth extraction is oral surgery. Your body will react just like it would to having any minor surgical procedure anyplace on or body. The good thing about tooth extractions is that the initial healing happens quickly, so you are not out of commission for any length of time. The rest of the healing in which the bone fills in where the tooth was removed, can take up to one year to completely fill in. However, during that time, there is generally no discomfort. The only time a problem arises from a tooth extraction is if an infection develops in the area of the surgery. If the surgeon does a thorough job in removing the tooth and you follow the post operative instructions, then the healing usually goes well without any complications.

It is best to wait until after your period is over to have the tooth extracted. The week following your period is best. It has nothing to do with the menstrual blood loss, unless you were hemorraging. It has to do with inflammtion... your body is dealing with an increase in inflammation during your period so it is best to let that calm down before having any surgery.

If your immune system is generally healthy, then there is no need to worry about the tooth extraction affecting it negatively. In fact just the opposite will happen because right now, your immune system is dealing with the infection in the tooth.... so once the tooth and infection is gone, your immune system will be relieved of that burden.

Homepathically...... arnica montana pellets taken under the tongue 3 times a day for 2-3 days prior to and the same regimen after the surgery will help reduce inflammation.

Yes, I do think that if you could consult with a more holistic or biological minded dentist they could give you the information you are looking for. One of the best sources is the IAOMT.org website.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimik View Post
hello bryanna
Thanks for your reply, can tooth extraction effect your body functioning. Are you aware of any homeopathic or naturopathic remedies to be taken before or after the surgery to avoid complications. Also if i have my periods,and i am bleding more this time and more painful, feeling weak and dizzy. Is it still okay to go ahead with tooth surgery or should i wait till i get little better. Does this surgery has anything to do with immune system.
one more thing you mentioned about holistic dentists, do you think they will be more helpful to me. And they can explain in more detail how my tooth health is affecting my overall health and vice versa.

thanks much
simi
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote