View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Zakria,

Was it an upper or lower first molar that was extracted?

If it were an upper, then the symptoms you've described for week one could be the result of a sinus exposure. If the tooth had a large abcess, the infection could have progressed into the sinus area. Perhaps the sinus is still infected and/or still open?

The symptoms that you describe with your tongue sound like an allergic reaction to something. Are you taking any medications? Have you been eating a new kind of food?

It is probably best to go back to the dentist who did the extraction and have an xray done to see what is going on in the bone of the surgical site. If it was an upper tooth and the sinus is still open, then it may have to be closed surgically. This is not something you should wait to do. Have it checked as soon as you can.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakria View Post
Hello to everyone.

I am zakria and have been suffering from left side facial and tongue pain after my 1st molar extraction nearly three months ago.
My pain gradually gets worse as the day progresses, I hope someone can help me find why I have this chronic pain. Molar Abcess would not clear with antibiotics (3courses) Extraction was very traumatic, took some time, had 6 injections of aneasthetic. 3 stitches, the wound is healing o.k.

The following happened in order (in brief):

1st week
get nasty salty foul taste in mouth, intermittant during day, have bad breath too.
swelling in cheek, jaw and sinus area.
intermitted electric shocks at the extracted tooth site, pain travels toward ear
upper maxillary teeth all aching with pain
sinus area painfull to touch
left side of face sensitive to touch/pain

week9
tongue feels swollen on left side, pain at the edge
tongue starts to swell all over, get pulling sensation back into throat, pain in back of tongue.
involuntary twitching in hands/arms infrequent during day and night

week11
involuntary biting of swollen tongue
tongue feels "full" heavy.

week12
feel that talking is affected, cannot utter words fluently,

what is going on, please someone shed some light i'm i a dark place.

thankyou.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (06-13-2010)