Thread: Masking pain ?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUReady View Post
Not to be a worry wart , but does it concern anyone that you may be masking other pains not associated with the RSDS ? My RSD effects my entire left side from head to toes and when the pain is intolerable (pain is always present) the only relief is Hydrocodone or Dilaudid . The reason I ask is I have an ongoing cardiac issue that is going to require surgery in the future and it concerns me at times that what if my body is trying to tell me something else is going on but I keep covering up those signs with meds ? Once again not being paranoid but just wondering if anyone else has this issue and any ideas??? Take care!
Hi RUReady, That is a very valid point. Most of us, I hope, have a thorough check up to rule out other conditions. I know I went thru a complete cardiac exam with cardiologist. One reasons it's so important, RSD, affects our immune system, affects our circulation and body temperature. Internal organs are affected. As RSD progresses, our skin develops conditions, RSD can and does go internal, effecting lungs, heart, kidneys, bladder, colon etc. Some have eye issues, ear lssues, nose , etc. I have had this 15 years and have been affected in so many ways. high blood pressure, low blood pressure, causing passing out. RSD is an autonomic condition, meaning it controls involuntary organs. It affects the Limbic Part of Brain. causing depression, short term memory loss, while talking, can forget a word, group for words, loose a thought about what we are talking about.
It's good to have a neurologist, psychiatrist, to help us deal with our losses. Hope you have found a good physician that you trust and understands RSD. Your friend, loretta
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
keep smilin (06-13-2010), Rrae (06-14-2010), wswells (06-14-2010)