Thread: Bad Doctor
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Please, if you are thinking about suicide, you need to have immediate care... Go to a hospital immediately if you are considering suicide.

I also have fibromyalgia, arthritis and SFN. It is an extremely hard road... But you already know that. I am under the care of several doctors. For pain, I am prescribed vicoden (up to 4/day), morphine slow release (for during the night), Savella and Humira and low-dose prednisone for the arthritis. I was taking neurontin also but cannot tolerate the high dosage required to tame the SFN pain. So, I will probably try another neuroleptic and hope that I can tolerate it.

Nerve pain usually responds better to a drug like neurontin or Lyrica better than it does to the narcotics. Having said that, everyone is different in the amount or type of pain that they have and different medications work differently for each person. It is a tailor-made recipe - what combination of medications work for you, most effectively.

Please don't consider suicide. I know, I have felt very low before because of ongoing pain. I have been ill for 17 years and can no longer work - and many others on this Board have the same story. Having chronic pain can really do a number on your head and make you feel desperate. That is why you have to take charge and find someone to help you...Sounds like you are trying to help yourself with diet and exercise... that's good.

Remember, you have the right to be treated with respect and dignity. You never asked to be sick.

I would recommend that you get help ASAP. What are your options?

Mere
Mere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (06-19-2010)