View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 03:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Daniella, I will graduate with a degree in business management with human resource emphasis. Many of the "basic, required" course work can be done on-line, LSU has a great program. With these you can work at your own pace and have 9 months to complete a course and the price is very reasonable. You simply pay for the class that you are taking. I was able to do this while I was recovering form several orthopedic surgeries to put my arm back together. This has really given me a sense of accomplishment about myself. At this point I may e kidding myself that I will be able to return to the work force, but if I am ever able to, I will have a degree to back up my job experience.
I also think that this has helped keep my brain active, and even though I have trouble with my memory, perhaps it is not as bad as it could be.
Another silly thing that I do is to play hidden object games on my laptop computer. It helps keep the brain active as well.
I am no longer in any type of physical therapy, WC will not pay, and the therapists in this area have no experience in RSD. To keep my arm and hand from becoming too atrophied, I play the piano a little bit at a time. Sad to say, I will never be the pianist that I was before good old RSD, but I will not allow it to completely take my music away from me. I am weary of the fight, with pain, with WC for treatment, and with the day to day struggle. I rally wonder about my purpose here on Earth since my kids are grown and have made good lives for themselves. I guess I am just really down today. Blessings to all, Lisa
Lisa in Ohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hope4thebest (06-13-2010), Rrae (06-15-2010)