View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 05:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello All,

I wanted to provide an update.

After my mother extinguished her 40 day trial of the requip XL, the doctor wrote an Rx for a new dosage of the requip XL, only to have the health insurance company refuse to pay for the medication. So, instead of getting requip XL, we got the generic form, which is called ropinirole.

The ropinirole had the same affect on my mother, that being it made her feel very tired and lethagic. Most recently, she broke out with a bad rash on her neck and her legs. My mother contacted the dr's office and was told to stop the ropinirole and an appointment was expedited for my mother which is this Tuesday the 15th of June. Her next appointment was supposed to be in July, but I suggested that she not wait that long if her medication combination is not working!

Today we cooked lunch (spaghetti and meatballs) and I noticed that she is getting around the kitchen without her walker by grabbing onto the edges of the kitchen cabinetry and table tops. This is a good thing. I think that she 'seems' much better since she stopped the ropinirole because she does not seem as lethargic and 'out of it'.

I am hoping that the doctor will have same answers on Tuesday. If you recall, at the last appointment we were told to try the requip xl and keep the ldopa amount the "same" in hopes that the requip xl would prolong and extend the amount of time the ldopa was in the system. The doctor's preferred not to increase the ldopa right away.

Any comments or thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
SmittyZ3M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote