Thread: new bathroom
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default new bathroom

so we are in the midst of house renovations (thank goodness I found a program that makes it affordable for someone on limited income!)

One of the things we are doing is to make the upstairs guest bathroom w/c accessible for me. I have gotten over the "Oh I don't need all that as I am not that bad...." I finally reaized I was being vain and just plain foolish (that's growh right?)
I am ripping out the fiberglass tub/shower prefab unit and having a fullsized shower with bench installed, complete with a small curb and handrails, etc; tall toilet, new sink & vanity, bigger door, new flooring blah blah blah.

I have to choose shower doors or a curtain. I think I am going with a rounded shower rod and a curtain as me falling into glass doors scares the daylights out of DH and me I also can't bear the thought of cleaning shower doors (ugh) I am on the tallish side and hate wet floors so I need a curtai longer than the normal tub style curtain/liners.

1) Anyone know where I can get a good (not flimsy vinyl) shower curtain liner for it?

2) Any tub company/brands you like/hate? I want a full bench in the back (narrow) end and not one of those fold down seats or corner seat - which is all we can find. Can't afford tile so we are going to install a fiberglass or acrylic unit

Help please, I know someone will have the answers and opinions to help us out. Thanks in advance

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!
jprinz99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lady (06-14-2010), SallyC (06-14-2010)