View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy View Post
What you can do is call an attorney and explain your situation to them and see what they tell you. This is what I did with Allsup. They answered all my questions for free.
thanks Finz and Hoosier Daddy.

I contacted Allsup and they sent me something saying I should have my old work records, etc when I talk to the Allsup rep, I have been to ill to track all that info down, before I was sick I worked in a lot of different jobs and I don't remember exact dates, phone numbers of bosses, etc. So I guess I will have to try to get the energy to do that, as I will need it for the appliation anyway.

I've just been too frustrated and overwhelmed to deal with it yet. I talked to some lawyers they said you can reopen a claim but it is hard to that, they said I need good documentation from docs. but one of the main reasons I wanted the disability was to get Medicaid so I can go to the doc.

I've been trying to get doc appts but its really hard with no insurance or medical coverage, they want payment upfront generally. Plus I have been to so many in the past who basically said there is nothing they can do for me, there is no cure for my condition. So I have to pay alot of money upfront just to hear that again, its is a waste. At my ER followup visit I did ask them again if they could do anything and they said no unfortunately no cure, I asked if I could have an appt to discuss my chronic problems, the doc said make another appt but of course when I went to make an appt the receptionist said no (because no medicaid or insurance) If I get medicaid then I can go, but I can't get medicaid without going. . .

I dont think he even documented this conversation in the chart, as I was just there for ER followup, it was not a doctor who had seen me before, just a resident doing ER followups who only spent about a minute with me.

Thanks for all the support. Finz I hope you feel better.
msjasmine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote