Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t97tab View Post
I posted here a few weeks ago regarding my 13 year old who had suffered a back injury and concurrent concussion.
I wondered if someone might be able to send me in the direction of any medical abstracts that might help me to better understand what is going on with my son. We have had several frustrating sessions with doctors.

I am particularly interested in medical abstracts related to:
1. Late onset of concussion symptoms. (We have been told that if the symptoms do not present within 72 hours, they are not concussion related.)
2. Concussion symptoms that may not be supported by neurological tests.

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
Hi,

Did you try to type that into google and see what comes up? Thats probably the easiest way. One site for abstracts is pub med, google it for the exact address, however those tend to be very scientific and not necessarily written in simple language. Another thing is I would try to go to the library and look in medical books, they might be written in simpler language. You can look in a pediatrics or a neurology book, if you find one geared towards patients it would be best but you can also look in books for doctors or nurses.

If you have access to a medical library (is there a medical school or nursing school in your area) the librarian can probably help you find things, if no med library try your local library but they will have less medical books and journals and maybe they won't have the specialty (neurology) journals.

There are a lot of medical websites but I don't know what the best ones are, you can also just google for medical websites.

Best wishes
msjasmine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
t97tab (06-18-2010)