View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here looking for info from people with SCS experience

Sorry to hear about everyones bad reactions and experiences to the implant!!

I myself and an SCS implant waiting to happen. I'm having my surgical consult later today in regards to this.
This is my 3rd back surgery in about 30 months. An L5/S1 discectomy hemi-laminectomy in May of 2008, recovered wonderfully and was doing great. Managed to fall while playing with my dog, that laid the ground work for surgery #2. Another L5/S1 discectomy/full laminectomy this time.
I've never been right since the second surgery. I have as of a while back been diagnosed with failed discectomy/laminectomy syndrome .. so needless to say, I'm bummed.
I read one of your guys' posts about levels of tramadol, neurontin and so forth getting out of control. Guys, if that's all you take, I envy you! 100mg of morphine sulfate 3 times/day, anywhere from 8-12 vicodin ES for the accute pain, and of course 600mg neurontin/3 times day.
So with this said, SCS is my last shot at dealing with this pain. I work in IT managing a very large corporate network so keep my head functioning is a must. The implant is my only option for staying off disability at this point.

I'd like to hear some more of your input on this. Especially from ya'll with the problem implants. I am personally very excited about this as conventional drug therapy is far from effective on my pain levels or something I can live with as a professional .. or my employer!

Thanks in advance!!

Nick
thezyne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote