View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I am in shock. :(

Well yesterday was my appointment with Dr. Nicolle. The dr came in and introduced himself and sat down. He said "I have reviewed your chart that was sent to me." And then he said " I don't think that you have Myasthenia Gravis." What???? I could not believe that he had just said those words.

The dr went on to say that he feels that diagnosing on the basis of a positive single fibre EMG only is not right. He also said that some of my symptoms don't seem to fit. I have tingling in parts of my body from time to time. We had a great discussion over weakness vs. numbness. He also felt that my shortness of breath that worsens after exertion did not fit.

I am seronegative. He repeated the bloodwork but results will not be available for a while. He had his associate do the EMG studies. The associate said that she could not find any evidence of MG. The muscles that were tested to get the diagnosis were not tested yesterday.

Well I have told myself not to concentrate on this for too long or I will make myself feel worse. I just wanted to give an update. I don't see my neurologist until August so we will see what is next. Take care ~ Melanie
rezmommy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote