View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 01:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nickel Allergy & Eyes

Hi Katrina,

I'm wondering if you ever found out anything about your eyes and nickel intake from food. I have a similar problem. I know I'm allergic to nickel and also my eyes turn really red, itchy, burning, and teary sometimes and I don't know if the two are related or not. Many times it's after I try to eat really healthy and down a bunch of fresh fruit, salads, etc. Make-up also bothers me and I'm down to testing one ingredient at a time. For example, right now I'm trying to find a black iron oxide that doesn't bother me. I've heard that even the basic pigments have trace nickel depending on their source or the way that they were made. Anyway, it's weird that it's always my eyes and not my mouth. When my eyes are affected, it's also my sinuses and I have headaches. I'm also allergic to carmine, but I use carmine-free makeup, so that's not it (and I stay away from it in foods-it's in some fruit drinks, yogurts, etc).

CM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katweena11 View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new here!
So many here seem to have an allergy to nickel so what better place to start
So here's my story...
I've been getting puffy, red itchy flaking eyes for about a year on and off. Been to several doctors and it's been nothing more than a run around.
I've also gotten a patch test and the only thing that has come up is nickel. Even without make-up I get flare ups. The make-up I use is all Marcelle. So my question is:

could I get a reaction only on my eyes if it's nickel in food related?

Thanks in advance!
Katrina
NickelNickel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote