View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 07:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kachina View Post
Could you clarify a little here? Did you have a Myasthenia panel in the beginning and then again after being symptom free for a period of time? Were there any changes in the results?
Hi Kachina-

First panel was in July of 2009. I have been symptom free since December of 2009. My second panel was done at the end of May 2010. The results were essentially the same. So the little critters are still floating around but not affecting me. That's why I said I don't consider myself cured.

For all I know I may have had high numbers most or all my life, and that some change allowed them to run amok for a while. It's not as if this panel is done as part of any standard blood testing. There may be all kinds of folks out there with high numbers and doing just fine. Since not all MG sufferers are serum positive it may be entirely possible that not all serum positives are going to get the disease.

I have gout. I have very high blood levels of uric acid. I no longer have gout attacks even though my uric acid level is always high. A little bit of magnesium every day keeps me symptom free. Point is that a high uric level does not guarantee suffering. My PCP tells me that there are gout sufferers who have blood uric acid levels way down in the normal range. There is not always a direct correlation. Might be the same with MG and possibly other diseases.

Besides, he told me "We don't treat the numbers, we treat the patient. And right now you don't need any treatment".

Kachina!!!! --You did it to me again! I could have answered your two questions in the following manner-

Ques#1 -- Yes
Ques#2 -- No

You sure are sneaky in how you make me peck all those words every time

Rob D
Please forgive what may seem as short or terse tones in either my questions or responses. I two finger type so I tend to keep things short and to the point. Takes WAY too long to type flowery phrases. No offense EVER, EVER intended.
"Thanks for this!" says:
kachina (06-17-2010)