View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have just been told by a UK org that their understanding is that there is no shortage of the levo-carbidopa generic versions...... the problem is said to be at the regulatory end of things, though exactly where is unknown. From this is would appear that there is no problem with raw materials, and I understand that the places where madopar is used rather than sinemet are not affected.

I think it is time to ask questions higher up, there may not be anything that we can practically do about this, but we can ask the right questions, and try and ensure they go to the right people.

I think that it is very important that we are seen as concerned patient advocates, and not as scaremongers, but absolutely understand all expressions of concern, there is something quite wrong in the secrecy that surrounds drug manufacture and distribution. This is an essential drug, and there should be openness in the way patients are informed, and their physicians too. My guess is that many doctors, especially GP's will not be wholly aware of the implications of this.

Lindy
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote