View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 06:33 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Thumbs up 4 Yrs. last Nov., but feeling a new wind...do it baby!!!

First off, you all at our TOS meeting, Corrine & mate, Cath & Steve, Johanna with her bright yellow flowers, Pat who forgot her mittens (I've got to send them to you!) but was an absolute champ to come, Dawn & Steve who were heroes for picking up Pat and bringing an incredible exotic bouquet for me, my sweet Martha, Allison and beauftiful daughter Chelsea who obviously got her looks from "Mummy" - Allison looked like a runway model, Sweet and generous Shel who shared with us any and all details of her recent surgery with a doctor of interest to all, and finally, my two faves of all time, Cyndy who looked gorgeous despite having knocked ov. cancer OUT, with chemo, etc., the whole smorgasbord on that - and now is turning her attention back to TOS, and, her understandably devoted right and left hand man, Mr. Phil, (and both brought an incredible natural coral as well as organic treats from Trader Joe's. Smooth moves, those two!)

So I tried not to give out too much private info. above, so that if you want to remain private, no one could figure out who you were. I can remove any name if so desired, just call me.

HERE'S WHY I POSTED - my last post was sort of poopy because a couple of people not at the group groused about my I get a nurse, etc., and acted a little jealous of our group's individual successes. My nurse has been "using" me by being sick herself, and basically refusing to help me at all. (Hernia.) I have been understanding, but, enough's enough!

I got more depressed, and my pain was hitting the 10's again...I think it was time to take a look at my boundaries and what people owed ME, which is how I got in this mess of over-working and doing everyone else's work and mine.

So, this week, I stood up for myself and I fired my nurse and demanded a new one who could prepare meals and does not drink. I have put boundaries on phone calls, as far as times, lengths, and what I can and cannot do when I'm not someone's attorney.

And, fiance got a hair dresser to come to the house today and I got my hair highlighted and cut and then he surprised me with some new pajamas - and I feel human again!

I fully recommend these steps as part of your Spring cleaning.

Don't take any poop. And if the poop happens to be between eachother, then with love, let's set boundaries, work through the poop, and remember it is important to stay solid with this group, and no little "tiff" is worth losing our relationships here. Hurray!
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote