View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi LFP.

I had a series of SB last fall. I got NO relief from them. Just a spinal headache and felt like I'd been hit by a bus, flu symptoms. My former PM who did them said that the color and temp in my leg improved. He told me that I must be sympathetically independent because they did not work. I've read that if you get them soon after you are diagnosed they help more and could possibly cure or at least lessen the pain for good.

I have a new PM (who I love!). He has given me three epidurals so far (another tomorrow -- YAY!) and I get about a week of GREAT relief! I still feel like I've been hit by a bus, and my legs are paralyzed for the rest of the day of the injection; BUT, I get relief. He injects Lidocane right over my tail-bone. I swear, I feel like a new person. After the first one I planted a few flowers in my garden (big mistake!). But thats how much better I felt.

I hope you find the relief you need. Trust your gut and don't let anyone talk you into anything you're not comfortable with. I think all of us here know how pushy some doctors can be. Good luck and keep us posted!

Kim

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (06-21-2010), loretta (06-16-2010)