View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 03:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My Peripheral Neuropathy started within 4 days of a sacrum adjustment by an osteopath some 14 years ago and no doctor has been able to fix the problem ever since...

Because standing up or walking is quite painful, I no longer travel and stay mostly at home working on my computer, trading stocks/options, etc...

I don't expect any topical cream, be it a combined application of Capsaicin/Menthol creams or a single application of Lidocaine/Menthol cream to resolve any of the causes of the PN; only to manage the pain symptoms, so that I can live a near normal life...

To provide the cover you suggest and increase efficacy, I plan to use tight socks and to keep my feet warm...

I have started applying the TPR 20 at 3:00 pm today and plan to apply same 3 times a day, every 8 hours, for one week before reviewing the frequency: so far the pain level is down from around 5 to about 3...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Topical anesthetics without a cover, don't get absorbed well thru the skin. Lidoderm patches work because there is a cover.

Emla cream, which is used before surgery on the skin or for needle sticks in children is covered with saran wrap to work.

The menthol in this new product is very low. Compare to 3.5% in Biofreeze.

So I am guessing based on other patients here and the properties of the ingredients, that this cream for its very high price is not going to "deliver much". It might work for a while, but wear off quickly. And the suppression of substance P is not there either.

Just my impressions.

I went back and read your first posts. There is substantial evidence that your PN is connected to back problems! In that case what you put on the feet is going to have minimal effectiveness long term.

Last edited by Seagem; 06-16-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Seagem is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote