View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Debra, It almost sounds like you were overdosing on the Mestinon. It could be that things are worse too, since you were just in the hospital. It can be hard to tell until the meds wear off. The best thing is always what you did, call or go in.

Do you talk a lot? That sounds silly to ask, right? If you talk more, those bulbar muscles are going to flare. In the past, I have had to STOP talking in order to get better. My tongue has cramped up in back. It's not pleasant. Even your breathing can get worse from talking.

I think you should really look at what you do during the day. Think about how you can do things differently. Chew slower, sip cool water in between. Rest more, especially after doing any activity. Use a u-shaped pillow for your head or a neck brace to rest those muscles. They do work.

I'm sorry you don't have answers but I'm very glad you have a responsive neuro who understands that you treat the patient and not the disease (like Alice is fond of saying). I think that's an important distinction with doctors. So you should feel good about that. I hope you feel better soon.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote