View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 04:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cervical leads removed today

Starting a new thread.

Leads came out okay. So far, pain is manageable...haven't had to hit the pain meds. yet. I was embarased because I started crying when the nurse came in to take them out. She said "it really helped that much, huh?" I could hardly answer her, so I just nodded. They'll be doing the insurance shuffle and will let me know when the surgery date is set. The trick will be getting enough surgery time at the hospital as it will take longer than usual since I'm getting both a lumbar and cervical stimulator put in. I'll have to figure out some way of distinguishing between remotes as I'll have two of them to deal with once it's all said and done. The nurse said that I wouldn't be allowed to start PT for 4-6 months post surgery. I asked her if I needed to use their PT person or if any PT person would do and she said it has to be someone familiar with working with SCS and know how to help a person SLOWLY regain the strength they've probably lost over the years. So, at least it sounds like I'm in with a good dr. and PT dept.

So glad to hear you have a surgery date, Mark Hopefully I'll get a date set in a couple of weeks and we can do our countdown together.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (06-16-2010), Rrae (06-16-2010)