Thread: Dilaudid ?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 08:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown176 View Post
When I went to the doctor today and told him that the ms contin was like not working at all, and I was sorry for saying the others were not working because now taking the ms contin I realize they were helping a bunch. I have not been in this much pain in a long time, maybe never I don't even remember hurting this bad before I started the pain killers. He has now given me Dilaudid 4 mg ever 4 hours as needed and said if this works then he will give me jurnista the extended release. Does anybody know if this is a very effective drug and the dose seems high enough for chronic pain patients. I can start it later this evening. I am in so much pain and have been for two weeks so how long should I give this to get it under control before I decide it does not work. He told me it would take a little longer than usual because it is so out of control. Thanks for the info!!
Take the diladid as ordered, try to take it every 4 at first until your pain is under control, then if pain is acceptable, try backing off slowly, at night first, try to strech to 6 hours, if this does not work or pain is not well controlled by MONDAY, call your doc and let them know where you are at. It helps to keep a running log of your pain rate and description, times you take your meds, and if you have any relief. then you have proof and a log of the meds effectiveness or ineffectivness
z
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
abrown176 (06-16-2010)